Sunday, April 14, 2013

Seven Miles.

 
Week
 
 
COMPLETE!
 
 
 
This week I accomplished something I've never done in my life - I ran seven miles! Each week from here on out I will be pushing myself to reach more distances than ever before.
 
 
 
I wanted to share something new I have been teaching in my body pump class this week.
It's called the plyometric straddle jump:
 
 
We start in a wide stance on the floor straddling the bench. Jump up onto the bench, knees forward tracking out over the toes. Using our arms we explode off the bench, land soft knees out - get low!
 
 
Talk about crazy amazing cross training. We do this during the lunge track. By the end my quads are on fire and heart rate is through the roof.
LLOOOVVEEE IT!
 
 
I am really happy to share that my body is handling all of this training really well. I feel amazing after my runs, I am getting really excited for this race! I really believe that our bodies achieve anything our minds believe.
 
After my run, I walked up a set of stairs and this is what I saw, so perfect:
 

 
Stay tuned :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment