Monday, April 1, 2013

Put the Pedal to the Floor - Week 5

 
This week I really had to apply the "mind over matter" theory.
I had a bazillion excuses not to train but I overcame every single one of them, set my mind on the prize, and ran my face off!
 
 My short runs this week were 4 mile each. Both of them were really tough but I made it through and was so happy when it was over.
 


 
The real challenge came on when I had to face my long run: 6 miles. I have run six miles ONCE in my entire life - last year when I ran my first 10k. I was nervous, I didn't know how my body was going to feel....
 
Here were my stats:
 
AND I FINISHED THE LAST MILE ON THE TRACK!

 
I could not be more proud in this moment. My body felt amazing, my average pace is increasing every time I run, I can feel myself getting stronger. My training from here on out is going to be brand new territory for me. I am going to be tackling distances I have never done before. Thanks for reading :)
 
Commence week 6.....

1 comment:

  1. I want to someday be able to run a half marathon! Great Job! What an accomplishment! love ya!

    ReplyDelete