Friday, March 22, 2013

Vacation or Train? BOTH!

As I mentioned in my previous post I recently took a trip to visit my family in Colorado. What a nice change it was to have the warm sun kissing my skin as opposed to the Minnesota frigid cold!
This was my view when I landed at the airport.

 
After seeing this I couldn't wait to run outside!
 
One of the first things I did was change into a tank top and flip flops :)
 

 
Then I got down to the important stuff. Personally, it is important for me to establish some sort of accountibility/reminder/motivation to continue my progress. I decided to post my training to do list on my mirror in my room. Every time I looked in the mirror I was reminded of my goals even though I was on vacation.
 
 
And then I got down to work.....
 
 
 
 My dad has a bowflex so I made sure to include some strength training while I was home. I will be 100% honest with you, I didn't follow my training schedule perfectly but I did the very best that I could - and I know that it will pay off in the end!
 
I have always been one of those people who has intentions to
 reach a goal but allow distractions to deter me.
 
At some point you have to decide what is important.
 
 
I am so proud of myself for sticking with my training.
I am on my way to running a half marathon!
 
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment