Monday, February 25, 2013

Training Day #1 - what the heck am I doing?

Hi there! :) I am writing this blog to track my journey to training for my first half marathon.
THIS IS A BIG DEAL!
Last year in May I ran my first 5k and 10k - I had a blast. Now I want to really challenge myself. I am one of those people who used to think running a mile is the hardest thing ever - seriously ever. I love how far I have come and how amazing it is to see what my body can do. It's not often that I get nervous about a goal. This is going to be a challenge but I want to move forward in life - I want to push myself, make myself better. I cannot wait to cross the finish line of the race this year and know that I just ran 13.1 miles!
 
Here is the training plan I have decided to follow:
 
I have also decided to take some pictures of myself so that I can see the physical changes in my body throughout my training. Currently I weigh 147 pounds, not sure on my body fat %.
 
I will share those pictures with everyone at the end of my training. I'm not so sure about putting pictures of myself in my bikini online right now :)
 
 
Like I said, I do have a little but of running experience. Today 2.24.13 (it's Sunday) was my first day of running and I started with 3 miles on the treadmill. Here are my stats!
 
The first 6 minutes of this was my warm up and the last 2-3 were my cool down. I am not a fast runner, that's ok though. I am doing this to finish not to be the fastest.
 
I also completed an abdominal curcuit three times after my run - whoop whoop!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment