Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Can See the Finish Line - Week # 11

Hi there! I hope that this post finds you doing well and accomplishing all of your fitness goals. I have reached the end of week # 11 and I am feeling totally inspired and pumped for my race next weekend.
 
Since the beginning of this training journey I have kept my training schedule posted in my office right next to my computer. Every time I go into the room I am reminded of my goals. I know myself, and all of this has been a mental game. I'm so glad I kept the schedule posted because now I get to look at it and see how much work I've done since February 25th. It's been so satisfying to get to check off my workouts when they are done.
(I took this picture before my long run this week)
 
For those of you who don't know, I live in Minnesota. It's been a llloooonnnnnggggggg hard winter. I am so appreciative that I get to FINALLY be outdoors! In honor of the nice weather this week I asked my husband to drive me 4 miles into the country and leave me there so I could run home. Minnesota truly is one of the prettiest states I have ever seen - here was part of my view on the run home.
 
 
This is me just after getting home - wanna hear a ridiculous story? Ask me how I got that tire sometime.

 
Short run stats pictured below:
 
This was probably the most challenging short run Ive had yet because I ran in the heat. My heart rate was crazy high the entire time! Hopefully facing all of the elements will have me prepared for any condition come race day.
 
I also included some turbo fire (whoop whoop) in my workouts this week. I LOVE this workout. I did HIIT (high intensity interval training) 20 this week. Basically what that means is in 20 minutes I did 6 HIIT drills 45 seconds each. Fast workout to smash a lot of calories!

 
 
I can't leave out the long run details! :) I keep forgetting to take pictures after my long runs so this is my only proof that it happened. 10 miles was the goal this week. My body was feeling a little off but I got it done.


I cannot believe I have reached my last training week. I am so proud of myself and hope that I am inspiring others to set a goal, make a plan, and rock it!
 
Week 12 here I come....

No comments:

Post a Comment